Loss of items due to truck fire – NSW
- At approximately 3.00am this morning, a truck bound for Brisbane caught on fire near Nambucca.
- 52 ULDs were not recoverable.
- Once a list of impacted consignments has been collated, these consignments will be advised to the customers.
National ST Air Network Update
- 292 tonnes of freight were uplifted across the ST Air Network yesterday.
- Due to wet on the East Coast there continues to be some transit delays.
- Weekend services to Perth are transitioning back to normal and next week’s operation is being planned in anticipation of the WA Border re-opening on Thursday 3 March, with the progressive return of some wide body Passenger services.
South Australia and Northern Territory
Rail service disruptions between South Australia and Northern Territory
- The backlog of containers has been cleared with all freight fully recovered.
- The rail line service is operating to schedule.
Road service disruptions between South Australia and Northern Territory
- The backlog of containers has been cleared due to the loading of rail units for Darwin over the past few days.
- Services ex South Australia are operating to schedule
- Following the reopening of rail lines in Western Australia on Tuesday 15 February, rail services resumed on Thursday 17 February and all freight has been transported to Perth for processing.
- There is a backlog of freight which will impact ST operations and fleet teams and may take a few weeks to sort and clear.
Rail service disruptions to Western Australia
- On Thursday 21 February, there were 325 ULDs at middle mile and 310 ULDs at last mile. ST received 41 of the initial 43 known containers that were delayed.
- The following containers were identified as not being part of the 43 known containers:
- 2 containers on rail service lines DRC837 and FCGU9604658, ex VIC/SA
- 8 containers loaded between 22-31 January 2022, ex NSW (Parkes)
- 14 containers loaded between 11-17 February, due to arrive in Western Australia this week (21-25 February)
- Weekend plans are underway for Perth and Kewdale Parcel Centres to recover delayed freight
- Due to flooding, ST received delayed containers on Friday 18 February and on Sunday 20 February.
- Following the reopening of the rail line on Tuesday 15 February 2022, trailers arriving in the depot are being processed and cleared.
- A selected number of containers will be delivered daily between Wednesday 16 February 2022 and Friday 4 March 2022.
- At this stage ST are planning to clear all containers by Thursday 31 March.
StarTrack Express into Western Australia
- Following the reopening of the rail line in Western Australia on Tuesday 15 February, rail services resumed on Thursday 17 February.
- ST commenced loading freight on the rail line from Wednesday 23 February.
- The ST operational team continues to manage the volumes ex Melbourne and Sydney.
- Due to the large volume of backlog freight, sortation and delivery may take up to 6 weeks to clear. ST are reviewing options to minimise impacts on the Perth depot.
- There will be delays resulting in bulk freight being carried over to support backlogs in Western Australia.
- There continues to be delays with some road linehaul arrivals into Perth.
Startrack Premium in Western Australia
- A much-improved night of operations in the Premium network, however the wet weather on the east coast continues, resulting in some delayed transits.
- Weekend services to Perth are transitioning to normal services
- ST anticipate the WA border to re-open on Thursday with progressive return of some wide body passenger services
- Canberra has up to 100 items carried over
Network Update – Victoria and Tasmania
- 387K parcels were delivered yesterday, down 11K from previous week.
- There may be some delivery delays at the following Distribution Centres - Dandenong South and Oakleigh
- 701K parcels were processed yesterday.
- Bayswater Parcel Delivery Centre is opening Monday 28 February for large parcel processing.
- Late arrival ex Adelaide (air) – recovery planned for today.
- Some ULDs were delayed at Seymour and Bendigo due to second wave recovery requirements.
New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
- 657K parcels delivered yesterday
- There may be parcel delivery delays out of the following Distribution Centres – Kingsgrove, Frenchs Forest, Wollongong, Warabrook, Canberra South, Fyshwick, Macquarie Park Bowral and Kempsey.
- Carried over freight at Alexandria, Riverina, St Leonards, Coffs Harbour and Bowral.
Service disruption at StarTrack Courier Villawood facility
- StarTrack Courier Villawood facility (NSW) is currently inoperable due to heavy rain causing flooding.
- This is impacting access to and from the facility as well as the warehouse facility itself. This impacted deliveries on Tuesday 22 February.
Network Update – Queensland
- There may be parcel delivery delays out of the following DCs – Noosaville, Logan City, Nerang and Gympie.
- There will be delivery impacts today to postcodes:
1. 2440, 2482, 2484, 4272, 4275, 4289, 4514, 4516, 4570, 4574, 4562, 4563, 4565, 4566, 4573, 4580, 4600, 4601, 4620, 4621, 4625, 4626, 4627, 4630, 4650, 4667, 4830 due to flooded roads
2. 2460-2489 (NSW) and 4000-4803 (QLD) excluding any Brisbane metro postcodes due to Jetstar flight not operating at night
3. 2340, 2390 due to staffing issues.